Thursday, September 11, 2008

Addendum to raw milk installment

In my excitement over sharing the benefits of raw milk, I forgot to include a few recipes.
Because cooking raw milk would be counter productive (for obvious reasons) we tend to just drink it. There are a few recipes, though, that I use raw milk for.
Raw milk fettuccini Alfredo (4-6 main dish servings)

Ingriedients

2/3 cup raw cream
2 Tb butter (preferably made from raw milk. If I don’t have enough I will use plain organic butter.)
8 ounces sprouted wheat pasta (Trader Joe’s has a yummy pappardelle)
1/3 cup grated raw parmesan cheese
1/3 cup grated raw Romano cheese
Cracked black pepper
Dash of nutmeg

Instructions

Allow cream and butter to come to room temperature (about thirty minutes).
Cook pasta according to package instructions in heavily salted water. Drain.
Return pasta to pot and add cream, butter and cheeses. Toss until butter has melted and pasta is well coated with sauce. Add pepper and nutmeg.
Top with grated raw cheese.

Yummy with grilled chicken and steamed broccoli, this is one of Shane’s favorite dishes. It is easy and so much healthier than jarred alfredo sauce.


Strawberry almond smoothie (2-4 servings)

Ingredients

4 cups raw milk
1 8 oz pack frozen organic strawberries
2 heaping TB organic raw almond butter
1 TB raw, unfiltered honey
½ ts. Vanilla extract

Directions

Mix all ingredients in blender. Add more milk if too thick.

The girls and I love this for breakfast. It is so filling, but doesn’t leave you feeling bloated like a carb-heavy traditional breakfast. Again, it is easy and much healthier than those processed “nutritional” drinks.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey Kim! Hope you are doing well! I just wanted to let you know that I tagged you on my blog...you can check it out on my blog, and play along if you want to :O)